Thread: New Hire Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 11:52 AM
Zerosilver84
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Originally Posted by DTSguy View Post
What types of reserve do we have at 9E? Thanks I’m advance. Is it possible to commute to reserve once you get a trip? Short call, long call, etc.
Long call and short call. Short call you can't commute before a trip even if they assign you it within 72 hrs of your day one. They put a place holder when you're reserve starts..either 5am for p1 or 10am for p2. So even if you're assigned a trip 2 days before your day one that doesn't start til 3pm you will still have to be in by your start time. However with that said depending on your base you can commute in during your call out. Ie..atl is 2hr call out. So say you're p2 and start at 10am. You just have to be in base by noon. But you have to let scheduling know and mostly in uniform incase if you are assigned anything while you're flying in or driving. Long call is 12 hr call out so as long as you can be in base before your trip starts. Unless they put a place holder like they do with short call then I'd assume 12 hrs after being notified. I haven't done long call yet so not exactly sure if they put a place holder in like they do with short call