Thread: Vaccine Stance
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 10:15 AM
urinmyseat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
1. You could cause me to get a breakthrough case. Getting very sick would be rare but possible. I'd miss some work that I don't want to miss and it will cost me some money.
2. I have children too young to vaccinate. You may cause a breakthrough case that I give to them or give it to them directly. They will probably not get very sick but they most certainly could. They will miss several weeks of school and that hurts their education.
3. You'll give it to other people and the hot potato will go around until it hits someone who can't vaccinate for a valid medical reason. It will kill some of them.
4. You drive up insurance costs and we're in the same risk group. So you drive up my insurance costs unless the company forces you to pay more.
5. You drive up government spending as they may end up paying for your hospitalization. Then you and I pay similar taxes.
6. You use up hospital resources that affect those of us who have actual emergencies. Right now we're out of Ambulances in Memphis thanks to the unvaccinated. If I get in a car wreck I may have to depend on them throwing me in a cop car, hoping they get me to the hospital in time, and then hoping there's a room available. Meanwhile a certain percentage of yall are on vents when you could've just gotten vaccinated.

You being unvaccinated absolutely does affect everyone else. Calling it a "Personal Decision" is disgusting when it literally kills other people.

An interesting thing happened last week. My daughter went to her friend's house. 5 girls hanging out and a sleepover. The other 4 girls are a little older than her and are all vaccinated for covid. One of the girls had a close contact (another vaccinated person) before the sleepover, but because she's "protected" she didn't bother to tell anyone. This Tuesday, one of the other girls got sick, then tested positive for covid. Two days later the other three got sick, and then tested positive. So far my unvaccinated kid is the only one who isn't sick. We talked to our doc and got her tested just in case, and all is well.

Explain to me how this is her fault that those girls got sick, and used up all those resources? There are six people in this story, 5 are vaccinated and those same 5 are sick, but it is the unvaccinated causing all the suffering?

Last edited by urinmyseat; 09-16-2021 at 10:34 AM.