Thread: Class Drop List
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 06:23 PM
pitchattitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by 3400
Alright well. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve sat airport standby. I’m a commuter and I don’t remember the last time I didn’t have 13 days at home in a month, maybe if you’re commuting from Juneau you might have less than 8 days at home but this isn’t my experience at all.

You’re saying it must be a horrible place to work because attrition is so high, but the reality is attrition is high at EVERY regional. People here are leaving because they’re getting better job opportunities, and that’s kind of the point of the regional. Nobody is making lateral moves to other regionals, the movement is to better airlines.

I’m not saying it’s perfect here, we might have some ground to cover for reserve rules and management has been brutal in the past (DFW ice storm is a prime example) but Envoy is not the pit of misery that you’re describing.
Timing is everything. Affects which aircraft and base you get and whether you stagnate or not.

If you can count on one hand the number of times you sat standby consider yourself lucky AND blessed. That is not the Envoy where most people work.