Thread: Class Drop List
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 06:43 PM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by 3400 View Post
Alright well. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve sat airport standby. I’m a commuter and I don’t remember the last time I didn’t have 13 days at home in a month, maybe if you’re commuting from Juneau you might have less than 8 days at home but this isn’t my experience at all.

You’re saying it must be a horrible place to work because attrition is so high, but the reality is attrition is high at EVERY regional. People here are leaving because they’re getting better job opportunities, and that’s kind of the point of the regional. Nobody is making lateral moves to other regionals, the movement is to better airlines.

I’m not saying it’s perfect here, we might have some ground to cover for reserve rules and management has been brutal in the past (DFW ice storm is a prime example) but Envoy is not the pit of misery that you’re describing.
it has been better the past 1.5 years since Covid cut the schedules. It was not too long ago that commutability was a major issue. It will be again.
no, I’m saying if the job were a decent one and if flow was such a great deal they would NOT be having the crazy attrition.
most vendors operate at a fixed built in margin as part of their CPA. They can’t raise wages too much, they don’t have a flow…. They SHOULD have higher attrition.

have you worked anywhere else? Or read their contracts?
Envoy has the worst QOL in the industry currently. That said it is much better than it was before 2015. Other carriers have just improved more and left Envoy lagging. Pay wise, CommutAir lags behind everybody.