Old 09-17-2021, 08:36 PM
LongBlock22
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2021
Position: 150 Capt
Default Don’t bother

First off GrandView used to be an incredible place to work. 4 jets and almost 20 pilots. Flew here and there and had a great work play balance.

COVID hit and we all took pay cuts. We did it and we weren’t flying a lot but we were lucky to still have a job.

Management was one of the most amazing aspects of this company. We had owners that genuinely cared and management staff that went out of their way to make sure employees needs were met.

Fast forward to current day….

12.5 airplanes and 3 helicopters. Almost 50 pilots. Vaccines are mandatory for whole company starting 11/1/21 and religious and medical exemptions don’t matter. They also don’t care if you work remotely. Still need to be vaccinated. Likely after 11/1 will go public saying that they are a 100% vaccinated company. Clients are willing to pay more for vaccinated crews. About 40% of the crews aren’t vaccinated and about 30% are going to be let go on 11/1. No choice. Get the shot or be gone. Out on the street no job and all management cares about is the bottom line. Money. Btw they don’t tell you this until day 1 on property. They had multiple people bail on day 1 of Indoc because of this.

As far as basing goes it’s basically kinda home based. They will pay for your ticket from your home to wherever they stick you for your rotation. Again not your base. If you’re hired into a “outstation” base you’ll never see it. I’ve seen and heard many complaints from pilots that were promised to be flying in and out of base while I was there. This is not the case! They will lie to you at whatever cost to make money!

GV recently got a new chief pilot. From what I understand he’s been there a month and already flipped the table upside down and has the pilots running away from the place. It’s really a shame and terrible. I hope they fix their management problems. I know the pilots that are there are actively working on trying to find a union or association to join to help combat a lot of the problems they have. As much as a lot of the pilots are against a union the majority of them won’t mind paying the dues for the help.

The current DO is a great guy. I felt like he cared about me but he made it clear multiple times that he was no pilot advocate. He’s a company man. Oh and if you get on his Sh!t list… good luck to you.

The pilots have more gripes than ever now. And it’s terrible to see what was once such a great company tank like this.
If you respect yourself. Stay away from this place until it gets better there and the zealots are gone. I have no hard feelings. Like I said I genuinely liked working with everyone. Everyone is friendly. But I respect myself and my values so I left.

They have a lot of new people in ops. Kids more or less. They’re great to interact with. But it’s been torture with time/duty/rest issues. They change or make up the duty/rest rules as they go. They said they’ve done away with rolling rest but it’s still there little by little. They’re so busy, expect to fly all 8 days and be asked to extend and be on min rest for most of your days on. They did take the effort to revise their fatigue policy and it’s a fairly decent one but most pilots are afraid to use it.

I feel terrible for the friends I have that still work their (for now).