View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 10:31 AM
tnkrdrvr
Occasional box hauler

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Beech Dude View Post
Are trips always between 10 and 14 days? Or do you just not get anything shorter until you're pretty senior?
Depends on what fleet you are asking about, but generally speaking every fleet has lines with trips that range from base turn lines only (sleep in your own bed every night), to 3-4 day trips (lots of reports), to the round the world 10-14 day trips. How much seniority is required for each trip type varies by fleet, time of year, and Covid/pre-Covid. This is not Atlas/Kalitta/ABX, etc. I would say the vast majority of folks don’t fly long 10-14 day trips. That said, it minimizes time lost commuting if you do fly them. On my fleet (MD11) I have not had a hard time holding what I wanted/needed in my time here. That said, it’s been a time of rapid (for UPS) growth and significant retirement numbers my entire time here. The past is no guarantee of future performance. However, as of now I would put continuing growth at better than 75% odds. Retirements can’t stop unless the age 65 rule changes.