Thread: Hiring 2021
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 10:54 AM
F23HB
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2021

Originally Posted by Hawaii808 View Post
These are all ballpark number as I don’t have anything to reference at the moment. Just based off of the last vacancy there are about 100 unfilled positions. Going from around 850 pilots to around 950. The 787s start arriving in 2022. There is a class of 10 starting in October with more to come from the current pilot pool. Lately the application window has opened toward the end of the year with interviews starting in late December or early January. I would expect that to be the case this year, but there has not been any official comms on it. I think the retirements are in the range of 20-30 a year over the next 5-10 years.

overall, I think there will be some growth and a steady stream of retirements, but nothing that will light the world on fire.
Great info, thanks! What’s the rumor mill regarding those bidding from the 717 to the wide bodies when the 787s come online or even a move to the 330 (I read the inter island flying is becoming less palatable due to more layovers)? Reason I ask is if there’s a good chance I could get hired on to fly a wide body, I may apply early and commute for a few years until I can move home to Hawaii. If I’d have to spend the first several years flying inter island, I may wait a year or two — my assumption is the inter island guys work more days per month than the other fleets in order to meet min hours. This is all assuming I could get hired. Thanks!