View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 09:07 PM
Cleared4appch
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Originally Posted by Alpine Pilot View Post
Sure, it's most common for people to upgrade and stay in their original base. However, some people occasionally chose to move to another base. They've never forced anybody to move from one base to another that I've ever heard about. Also, you don't necessarily need to be at your upgrade point to swap bases, but there would need to be a need with an open position first.

Also, I've talked to a couple people that had solid qualifications but didn't hear back from anybody after applying, so I directly delivered their resume to get looked at. If you meet the minimums and you really want to give Alpine a try, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly forward your resume directly to one of the Chiefs.
Great info, thanks for sharing! And yes I am interested in moving into 135 freight. I’ve been looking at Alpine for some time now, I will submit an application in the next couple of days. Currently I have almost 1000 hours turbine PIC. Not interested in the airlines. What is the training program like? Is it done in house or do they send you to one of the sim centers (I.e. flight safety)?