View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 11:16 AM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by notEnuf View Post
My experience, and I can only offer my own, has been 10am day one every time because they can't do it earlier. As for the prior practice of release at 9, yes they could do it on an individual basis but this made it automatic. This in turn freed up schedulers and additional pilot availability during the morning when coverage is more critical. It was a policy shift for efficiency and nothing more.
We are talking past each other. I agree the company did it to benefit the company - my point is that it also benefits us. You keep referring to the 10AM start on day 1 but remember plenty of guys start SCs at all hours of the day.

You also say "yes they could do it on an individual basis..." Which in my experience was basically whenever they needed me in less than 12 hours. In LAX I would start a morning SC and be released to get 12 hours of rest prior to a red eye assignment. It happened quite a bit. Do you hear anyone pushing for a return to 12 hours? I don't.

Anyhow - we beat this to death. Can we at least agree that although the company did it to benefit themselves we also gain? A rare win-win?

Scoop