View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 09:35 AM
FlyGuy2021
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by pitchattitude View Post
What??

Where are you getting 2000 at AA? AA is only 1000 next year.

While I know everyone is ramping up hiring and training, NO airline has consistently trained more than 100 new hires a month. EVER.

They may try but I’d be surprised if even Delta and United get that many through.

But I get your point about available pilots verses jobs. Just don’t think it is really at that point.
AA said yesterday that they plan to hire 2000. Classes of 45, every week.

Delta has trained over 100 per month for many months in a row a couple times in recent history (2017 and 2018). United is hiring 170+ a month now and training them with no problem. The big problem in the past with AA hiring is that there were simply too many fleets, and with vacancy bids happening every couple months, there was too much internal training to really allow for as many new hires. That isn't a problem anymore. Also, recurrent training at AA increased in duration from 9 months to 12 months, so thousands less recurrent training sessions each year. Combine all of that with the contracted sim time at outside companies in Dallas that AA is using and there are more than enough slots to train well over 100 per month.

I never said that there will not be hiring from the military or part 91/135, but the vast majority will come from the regionals.

I 100% agree that every airline will fall short of these numbers, but the fact is that if you are a Captain at a regional airline today and are not at a major airline by the end of 2022, it is your fault.

Why is it that less than 20% of AA WO pilots have active and complete applications on file with the legacy carriers?

Last edited by FlyGuy2021; 09-23-2021 at 09:51 AM.