View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 10:20 AM
Buck Rogers
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by m3113n1a1 View Post
He's right though. Why the rush here to release the brake? I don't think this is a thing at other airlines unless the brakes are excessively hot.

If my memory serves me....over the past several decades...the shutdown procedure on 1 (or more) of the 7 aircraft type I flew was...."chocks in, brakes released" as the expected answer on the shutdown checklist. The company 's desire was for the chocks to be installed and the brakes released prior to exiting the plane. Consequently, I'm not sure why this is even being addressed as basically "Capt's are stoopid, why the rush"? That's just the way it was done. Kinda like the lowering of flaps automatically 30 years ago, which went away after the Delta/NW merger and... surprise ....suprise....it's BAAACK. Another ridiculous question could be....Why is the FO always in such a hurry to lower the flaps?....Kinda silly to ask why ask why. So Trip....I'm still curious what the answer is, now that you know it. I provided my insight, curious if it aligns with yours....or if you are just imagining some wedge issue where you can feel superior?