View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 08:45 PM
LumberJack
Coverage Award...

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
PB day question for the scheduling gurus. So thanks to advice on this forum I successfully used one of my PBs to WS and then drop an "actual" OT trip. I'm wondering if the same thing can be done for a "qualified" OT trip if the coverage is positive? Or even with a straight pickup from the P2P swap board? TIA.
I believe it is yes to all, once it's on your schedule it doesn't matter how it got there.

Another heads up along these lines, if your vacation weeks are useless to you, you can apply as much credit as you want from them to cover dropped trips in any month. You can call scheduling and some of them know how to do it. Otherwise the kosher method is Fight Ops home page and under Popular Tools select Contact Crew Resources.

You'll see VACB on your schedule and however many hours you wanted to use will be in your Time Card. For example, if you had a 25 hour trip and only really wanted to use 9 hours, you'd request 9 hours from the front or back of Primary vacation (or Secondary, etc.) be used to cover B and C days (or whatever days you want to cover the credit of).

BEWARE: Once VACB is on your schedule, you can no longer work that day, just like an actual vacation day.

If you want to maintian flexibility, you can always wait until after those days have passed and go back to add VACB later.

Last edited by LumberJack; 09-25-2021 at 08:59 PM.