View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 06:07 PM
capncrunch
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
. This is not a buyout and with that in mind, if we are going to be one pilot group then those that have been at the airlines longer should be at the top. That is how I see it.

Is this how it worked with the Republic guys? I don't know if its true or not but on the DAL boards they are saying that all the Republic guys were fenced off of the 747's for something like 20 years - true or not? Curious that now its DOH or nothing.
Scoop
I agree with you, that was a bad deal. I don't think stapling or lifetime fences is good business.

Also, it was a buyout and not a merger. Not that I agree with that argument either.

You know I just thought of something. I wonder if all of these rumors are all BS. Wouldn't it be funny if the reality was that the two groups have had a deal in the bag for weeks and that they are building up this potential walk away just to get the company to cough up more cash.

The reality is that the top brass want this to go through cause they are going to get rich. Maybe we should jerk their cord so we can sweeten the deal for those of us who are left behind once they pull the cord on their golden parachute. Just a thought....

Last edited by capncrunch; 02-28-2008 at 06:12 PM.