Old 10-02-2021, 05:14 PM
jcool734
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: FO

Originally Posted by Raptor05121 View Post
Re ATP/CTP, they cover airfare to/from, hotel, and transportation. All you need to do is show up and cover food. You fly non-rev, positive space from an airport of your choosing. They'll put you on the earliest flight in case of problems so expect a full day of travel.

The hotel we're at is 90% PSA pilots and I'm pretty sure they use the same place for every class- the staff is very airline-oriented and are bending over backward for us. They have shuttles taking us to/from class and to/from sims. They will have you provide them your schedule and work around getting you there. They know all about Sheppard, will help you print logbooks, etc. So it's not like any issue you have isn't something they haven't already dealt with. The rooms are single-occupancy and VERY nice. Turn-down service every day, stovetop kitchenette with full-size fridge and washer. Probably the nicest hotel I've been provided in the last 1.5 years of flying crappy Part 91/135 flying. It's a few minutes from the sims and surrounded by restaurants and stores, so everything is in walking distance. Just don't forget any documents (passport, logbooks, etc) or you'll be FedEx Overnighting stuff from home $$$. I highly recommend starting a WhatsApp/Messenger group with your class so everyone can share ideas/study/plan food/social outings. Most people in CTP will be in the same indoc class as well.

I haven't made it to indoc yet but I'm hoping the hotels provided are the same with a kitchenette- I like to cook and meal prep. Most of us are planning on driving to Dayton. 4-5 weeks without a car would straight up suck.

Is it 4-5 weeks straight or is it broken up. I heard some were broken up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk