View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 07:04 AM
Gajre539
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: EMB-170 FO

Originally Posted by TXairEMBdrv View Post
Gajre539,
Got a question. I just looked at Riddle's online B.S. Aeronautics yesterday. I have not called yet, but can you tell me what they charged you per credit hour? I just want to know if I'm getting the straight story from them? Also, I have an Associates in Aviation. Did you have a prior degree going in? If so, did they give any credit?
I started my flight training in Orlando and was enrolled at ERAU's Orlando campus both at the same time. I didn't have a degree or a job, I went to a flight school and ERAU straight out of high school in 1997. For undergrad, I remember paying $400 a class, which comes to about $133/credit. For grad school, I'm now paying $1100 a class, which comes to about $366/credit.

Current Extended campus rates are listed as $207- $253 for undergrad, which even at the high range is $759 per class. Compare that to $ 1060 per credit hour for $3180 per class for graduate or undergraduate at Daytona! As I said before, you end up getting the same degree, the only difference is that you are not at the main campus.

Daytona per credit - http://www.erau.edu/er/costs.html
Extended campus per credit - http://www.erau.edu/ec/wwc/payment-cost.html

With your A.A. degree you'll get credit towards the B.S. degree. They should give you 60 credits depending on the course work that you took.

IF you didn't have your A.A. but had 1000 hours of PIC time or 500 hours as a CFI (like I did), ERAU gives you 36 credits of aviation experience towards your 120 credit B.S. Professional Aeronautics degree. If you do not have these hours, you can start the B.S. program with a memorandum of understanding that you won't get your degree unless you have these hours or unless you pay for 36 credits of course work/class.

If I do the math right, my entire B.S. degree through ERAU costed me less than $12,000 + books. ($133/credit x 90). That is what you'll pay for 9 credits/3 courses today at the Daytona campus.