Thread: Septoplasty
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 08:53 AM
BlueMoon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: FO

Originally Posted by Moe Rudda View Post
I'm planning on finishing my advanced ratings in a 90 day program starting May 5th. I'd like to get the septoplasy/turbinette reduction taken care of asap, but it looks like my availability will allow March 17th at best. Does 6 weeks sound like a fair amount of recovery time? I figure I'll be in an FTD for several days once I arrive so there should be a few days extra in there too. I'm 29, in decent shape- except for these sinuses.
Has the surgery made a positive difference for you? Do you still get the occasional seasonal/temperature/pressure/allergy/ induced symptoms at some level? What procedure did you have?
Septoplasty/Turbinate reduction done just about 72 hours ago...saw the doc yesterday and he says things look good, told me to come back in a week.
I can already breathe better than I did before the surgery and with the swelling going down it should get better he said. I wasn't in much pain and only took painkillers ro remove the packing. The Doc said he earned his money on my nose as it was pretty jacked up, lots of redundant growth and such in the nasal cavity.

So far I feel pretty good and am pretty bored vegging on the couch. I'm going to head to the gym and walk around the track for a little bit as I'm forbidden from running and lifting heavy objects till at least after the enxt doctor visit. (the doc orignally estimated no flying for a week, we'll see what he says next week)