View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 07:40 AM
Margaritaville
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Originally Posted by AUpilot75 View Post
You do know that after Breeze, Allegiant is the next lowest paid right? Why are your pilots willing to work for wages that make it difficult for JetBlue come contract time. They will lose money now because your willing to work for so much less!!!
Originally Posted by Swapapotamoose View Post
Dude you’re talking about breeze and you fly for allegiant 😂. At least breeze has the excuse that they are brand new (no where near making a profit) and fly smaller equipment. G4 makes a ton of cash and still pays you guys garbage. Please tell me how allegiant has helped others negotiate better contracts?? Comparing the 2 I think breeze has the upper hand and they’ve been flying 5 months vs 23 years. Same business model day trips but at least with Breeze you have a chance of being based somewhere decent out of training (CHS TPA). Better than up rooting your family to FNT. Same first year pay but upgrade at breeze in less than a year at 130hr. Their Capt pay will undoubtedly be a least what g4 has within a couple years. I’m not promoting ppl to stay at breeze but it could definitely be a stepping stone until something better shows up.
We are currently in section 6 negotiations. Our contract is 5 years old, 6 months past its amenable date. When we first signed, we were the highest paid in class, and then got leap frogged by everyone.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

Tell me about your union. Wait never mind.

Originally Posted by Uncle Wurmy View Post
You do realize he is home every night at Allegiant, right? Allegiant is the lowest paid Airbus operator right now but the contract is up for negotiations at this very moment. Allegiant will get a big pay increase, and then the next airline in negotiations will use that to pull their CBA rates up even higher...and then the cycle will repeat as the contracts come back up for negotiation again. Breeze has some of the same EX Allegiant management people that did everything in their power to keep a union off the property, fight against a CBA, and seemed to work hard to make pilots' lives miserable just for their enjoyment. I don't knock you for what you are doing, I get the not having options standpoint and the doing it for my family viewpoint, but please don't kid yourself about the work rules, pay rates, stock, etc being a good thing for your pilots or the company making everything right soon.
This guy gets it.