View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 11:37 AM
KirillTheThrill
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2021

Originally Posted by Lewbronski View Post
Unfortunately, talk like this could do as much damage to the union, and as a result, the collective well being of the pilot group, as actual scabs do to a union during a legal job action. While I know your intent was to engage in a bit of friendly banter, talk like this can be interpreted as intimidation of fellow employees who don't agree with your perspective on the best way to handle labor disagreements. That can get a union into a lot of hot water. It can get a union fined with a crippling financial penalty. And it can set back, and even hobble, our negotiation efforts to obtain a better CBA.

The company may well be in discovery mode right now, quietly scraping social media and collating the operational data, to create a case or bolster its case against the union. If any kind of case ends up getting filed, it will be heard in a federal district court in Texas - in other words in a court significantly more hostile to labor than some of the other courts around the nation.

And yes, you can try to argue that if, for example, screen shots or quotes from this forum or other social media venues were used in a case against the union that the company can't prove who really said it, that it might have even been a management plant, and so on, but in real life, those arguments didn't hold water in the actual case of the Spirit pilots back in 2017. The Spirit pilots got whacked and their negotiation efforts were dealt a serious blow.

The best thing to do is to be quiet and maintain the status quo.
No worries, I understand where you’re coming from.

Just to clarify, I’m not an SWA employee, my post history clearly proves that fact.

Who knows, maybe the guy I replied to is a company plant, or just a POS.