View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 08:46 AM
crazyjaydawg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: Middle Seat

Originally Posted by NuGuy View Post
I have no idea why they stick to that. Its bad for the pilots and bad for the company. Even the normal 210 day window is stupid. I really hate to bring up a NWA thing, but will anyway. Those bids ran like clockwork, worked well for both the company and the pilot group, and there was absolutely zero drama....no freaking out about what you were going to bid, no angst about when you would go to training, no panic bidding because the deadline was close, no obsession about when the next bid would be. Very, very predictable and made base changes easy. You bid and, poof, 4 months later you were IN your new seat, maybe less if there was no training involved. They also published more stats that were genuinely useful. A NWA guy from 2000 would view the silly "Ahhhhh! When is an AE is coming?!?/when's training?!?/where's the conversion list?!?/I'm FREAKING OUT!" threads we get here with total confusion and a lot of "WTF?".

Totally unnecessary, especially when there is already a blueprint for a better system. I'm sure Sailing will be along shortly to explain why his "friends" in Crew Resources don't like the idea. Maybe its too hard to figure out what the little old lady at NWA did with a shoe box of cards.

Rant over.
And this is where people give BS wayyyy too much credit. He could easily show his superiors (isn't he a director of some sort now anyways?) that there is a better way to do business. It can be cheaper, faster and more convenient to the company because it can absorb some of marketing's whiplash. Now, nothing can totally solve the obsession with marketing and network at this company, but at least crew resources can get in shape a little (pun intended) and adjust to be a little bit more nimble to keep up with all the asinine changes.