View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 06:45 PM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by flyinthrew View Post
Is that only for the initial construction of the schedule? Can you stick a PB day into the middle of a stretch of LC if the day is blue?
That's for line construction and moving days around during the month. However, you can personal drop below the 3 days on Narrow bodies, but you can NOT PD to drop below 4 days on the Wide bodies.

There is also something called "minimum separation" for certain WBs. For example, for a while, the A350 had a min separation of 9 days. You could build a reserve block below 9 days (but greater than 4 days) during line construction. However, if you had PBS build you a block greater than 9 days, you could not then personal drop a day that would drop you below the 9 days. I don't think any fleets have min separation right now but they can pop up from time to time. I think that change may have to be run by the union...not sure if that's accurate, but I think I remember hearing and/or reading that somewhere.

Another thing we have is a max number of OFF day blocks. It's 5 off day blocks for NB and generally 4 for WB aircraft. Sometimes it can only be 2 for certain WB aircraft, but we don't currently have any with that limit. The last aircraft that had that lime was the 350.