Thread: Should I leave?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 11:06 AM
FlyGuy2021
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by colonials13 View Post
Hello all.

Relatively new regional FO here, pondering career directions. What else, right? Haha.

My career goal is FedEx or UPS. Should I stay at the regional? I’m not in upgrade ASAP mode (at least right now). Or, try to get hired with a good cargo company soon and then try to get hired by FedEx or UPS?

Thanks
TPIC is going to be key. It seems getting on with someone like Atlas/Kalitta might help as FedEx/UPS seem to be hiring from there quite a bit right now. They key really, though, is going to be to fly as much as you can right now and try to get into the left seat. There are lots and lots of regional pilots getting hired by FedEx right now.

There are some things that will always be in demand. If you have a college degree, and have TPIC, you will always beat out someone that doesn't have it. Add a couple good type ratings to that, and you will be all set.

Leave, stay...whatever. Just fly as much as you can right now. You are potentially towards the back end of the biggest hiring wave in a lifetime. Do your best to try to move yourself more toward the front. Jumping airlines means less hours flown, and that is what you really need to move on quickly.