Thread: Should I leave?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 11:41 AM
FlyGuy2021
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by KirillTheThrill View Post
You keep pushing the same line over and over and over. “Biggest hiring boom ever!” Who’s HR department is paying you to jump to every ****ing thread and hype up something that hasn’t happened. You see oil price’s lately? You see delta’s stock pull back after criticism of rising oil price’s today?

Pay close attention to October 18th, it’s a very important date for anyone who can’t afford to take a hit on rising interest rates. Hey I wonder if these airlines “projecting” big hiring numbers would be hurt by that?
Well, we will see, wont we.

So, your advice would be to hide in a bunker, learn how to drink your own urine, and live off of the grid?

The hiring for the last 3 months has been the highest that it has EVER been. EVER. More pilots were hired at major and legacy airlines in September than any point in the history of the industry. Period. So, while the largest part of the wave has yet to hit, the leading edge of it is pretty impressive.

The increased hiring is already here. Regionals paying pilots over $150k per year?!?! If that didn't tip you off to the fact that there is already a pilot shortage, I am not sure what will.

Last edited by FlyGuy2021; 10-13-2021 at 11:52 AM.