View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 05:25 PM
JungleJetDriver
Tin Can Time

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Entitled Newb

Originally Posted by Puck Hawg View Post
Pretty much what Palm said. Only thing I’d add is try and have your CBT’s finished the first week you get them. I’m not saying to just click through aimlessly, but there’s enough gouge to get you through. Form a study group of at least 4-5 and get together everyday and talk systems and work on flows. We had a full size cockpit “built” in my room out of pvc pipe and styrofoam and we sat in front of it for hours every day running flows and quizzing each other on systems. That should be your week 2.

Also, make friends with guys in the class ahead of you. They’ll pass along “important info” of how things are going and what needs to be focused on at the time (aka, “the gouge”).

Ask questions, put forth the effort, have a good attitude, and you won’t have issues. Most of the “problem” instructors in the training department have departed. It’s mostly a good group of guys. I’m definitely not saying it will be easy, but if I can get through it, any window licker can.
Originally Posted by Palmtree Pilot View Post
Week 1 Indoc
Week 2 CBTs in YIP. During this time you should also be using the FMS trainers, Procedure Trainer and schedule the FTD for self directed learning(SDL) …Assuming your on the 400
Week 3 SITs, SKVs and starting FTDs(4) before the PV
Week 4 4 SIMs, MV, EET, Int’l GS
Week 5 3 LOFTs, OKE/LOE

Roughly the sequence… Always some slight changes do to the amount of CQ and upgrade training that’s happening at the same time.

This is for the -400 new hires

Thanks Palmtree and PuckHawg

I received access to the CBT’s on Monday afternoon this week. So I’m trying to run through them, taking notes and hopefully finish them by Friday. Hopefully retaining the info. as well. I also received paper tigers and flight profiles with call outs. I’m assuming we’ll all get books, memorization items and limitations next week during indoc.?