Thread: CA Pay
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 07:39 AM
rnfnr
Wake me up on descent..

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by tsimmns927 View Post
Hello men and women, I’ve asked this before in another regional forum, but figured I’d ask here since I think Skywest pays a little more than the other one. Is it possible to make over 100k as a relatively junior captain while on reserve without a line? I’ve finally started my training and will be crunching numbers when I decide to leave my job in the next 2-3 years. Thanks in advance and thanks for being a great airline the times I’ve flew on Skywest metal.
IMO this will be tough to do on reserve. Grossing 100k...it's possible if you don't have a social life outside of work to worry about.
But netting that 100k....ehhh..not very likely.

As a lineholder for most of this year's busy season, with some of the earlier months spent on reserve, on year 5 pay,
I'll barely break the 100k Total Gross, meanwhile netting only about 70% of that after Uncle Sam
takes his share, amongst some of the other deductions.

On the flip side, I'm just an Average Joe - I'm not DMA, and I commute so I can't jump on the short-notice 150% open time.
I'm not saying it can't be done to answer your question, you're just going to have to work a lot, as well as work the
system to the best of your ability.

Thanks for the kind words. It doesn't matter where you are, you're going to get beat up a little,
but SkyWest ain't the worst place to be. Good luck with training.