View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 07:50 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
I have never written that the requirement for the vaccine is not legal. I am actually for a vaccine mandate in principal but still favor free choice. I differ from the common opinion here in that I do not see how any company can legally verify the veracity of the certificate without you giving them permission to do so. In other words they cannot compel a medical professional to release your medical record without your permission. Your article does not mention anything about this. There is also nothing that I can find that puts the responsibility for verification of a persons vaccine other than requiring that they show proof of obtaining said vaccine. Again I ask, why would a company try to investigate employees vaccine records when 1) it is not required by the mandate, 2) it is illegal without the employees permission, 3) a discovery of malfeasance would result in the company losing a needed employee.

How one produces proof is ones own decision to make. As stated earlier I do not advocate forgery, I do advocate getting a vaccine.

The thing I find interesting is that people want to invoke their right to not get a vaccine. I am all for that. Just like I am dead set against abortion but fully support a woman’s right to choose. But then they want to invoke the right with no consequences. There are consequences for just about every action we take in life. Just like those who trumpet their right to free speech but then tell me to stop posting. Hmmmm.
That isn't an "article". It's from ALPA legal - your union. They can and will force everyone should they so desire. It's not really being "forced" though because you don't have to work at Kalitta. You can work somewhere else.