Old 10-14-2021, 09:03 AM
Thedude86
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by LUVisLost View Post
Your logic makes no sense. Your implication is that Merck is not marketing Invermectin because it cost users 10 cents a pill. Instead they are spending millions to research and test a drug that will in your mind just replace Invermectin use in COVID patients. Let’s see here if I am CEO I repurpose a drug I already own to fight COVID and jack up the price to account for supply and demand curves OR I spend R&D dollars to get a new one approved and it takes me 4 years to recover those costs…..hmmmmm

You obviously do not run a business. Thank god
Ivermection 1.0 is no longer patented. There are tons of manufacturers that make it worldwide. If Merck charged 700 bucks for it you could still get it 99% cheaper somewhere else. Also, now that the U.S. media (unlike the rest of the world) has told everybody that it’s only for horses… it would be hard to market even if it wasn’t so cheap. The newest horse dewormer, Molnupiravir, (Ivermectin 2.0) already has a government contract to produce 10 million units. It’s mark up is 40 times the cost to make it even though Merck has said they will adjust the price for other countries depending on what they can afford. It won’t take 4 years to recoup the costs. It took them 6 months to develop compared to the normal 10 years. They also got it right on the very first try when the average drug that makes it through development and testing is 1 in 5,000. Merck will probably recoup their cost in less than a month or 2.

Pfizer is also working on a pill thats supposed to be out shortly. Pfizermectin.