View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 10:02 AM
dracir1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Lineholder

Originally Posted by Anon1212 View Post
while I agree that anybody coming here, if they’ve done their research, likely knew or should know that living in Denver or commuting there might be a stagnant situation for a while. However, the way the times have changed, anybody living on the western side of the country also isn’t in a good spot. Vegas is also stagnant now and showing no signs of improving. I know, I know; PHX is coming…. So they say. Until I see it, I don’t put any stock into it. I don’t think any of us knows what management is thinking or intends to do. This airline could be the perfect fit for a new hire that wants to live / commute to Florida or PHL. However, it’s not becoming a lot of fun for new hires living in other places. Now that the big guys are starting to hire again, I do think we’re going to see a lot of guys jumping ship for different domicile choices / pay.
As mentioned, this airline is coastal. Even if Phx opens, it's still W and East/Florida. Chicago is too small and too far to commute from. Atlanta might help a little but what this company really needs is a base in Dallas. We've shown we don't have a problem competing w/ AA (Phl, Mia and soon to be Phx). There's not enough gate space in Houston and Austin is off the table now that the south terminal is closing.