View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 02:16 PM
Alexey
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2018
Default New hire questions

Hi everyone, I am a new hire, got the November 3rd class and looking forward to start training. There are a few things I am looking to get some insight on, so hopefully you can help.

1. I live in NJ so gonna need a temporary dwelling in Denver for training. If you know a good crash pad within a bus ride, short uber ride or (ideally) walking distance form the Training Center please share it. Also if there is any future classmates on this forum looking for a place to stay PM me, may be we can share a place and uber rides. Let's stick together for group-studying as well.

2. What is the most junior base now? What base is the most prospective in the terms of quick upgrade? I hate commuting so my plan is to move to whatever base I get and just stay there. Preferably long-term as I've been moving around enough and looking to settle down.

3. How long is reserve and what are the reserve rules? Do you do a lot of airport reserve, or is it mostly short- and longcall?

4. How do the trips look like? Are they mostly day or multiple days long? Do crews generally stick together for long or you get different co-pilots and flight attendants every other leg?

Thanks for your help and looking forward to meet you all on the line