Thread: Amerijet
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 12:34 PM
CRJdriver2017
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2021
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by SEPfield View Post
I have no idea what the competitive minimums are at all the above airlines, but after looking at your qualifications I would say there are some potential gaps.

How much Multi-Engine time do you have? Even the regionals still require/desire 50 hours I believe, although that may be less now
Do you have any jet time? Single engine turbo prop is turbine time and will help to bolster your resume, but jet time is usually still preferred.
Your total time is somewhat low for an ACMI, That isn't always a deal breaker, but with little to no ME or Jet time there isn't much else to go on

Internal recommendations also go a long way, or in the case of Amerijet try submitting your resume in Spanish. (tic: Some of our company emails are sent out in both English and Spanish)

Also it could just be bad timing. Most ACMIs reduce or stop training over peak so it's possible they all have full pools of pilots to fill the next couple of classes. Amerijets next new hire class will be in November and I would assume they already have enough applicants to fill that class and the next one. Although that could all change if the applicants get better offers or Amerijet succeeds in chasing away pilots as fast as they chase away executives.

On a side note, What are your ultimate career goals? I realize your goals will change over time, but unless you plan on making your next airline your last airline then an ACMI may not give you the most benefit. You seem to be lacking in ME, jet, and 121 time all of those things will be acquired much faster at a regional airline. The average flight time at Amerijet is about 50 hours per month, I would guess it is similar at the other ACMIs. You need 1000 121 hours before you can upgrade. So with Amerijets complete catastrophe of a training department even if you started in November you wouldn't start flying until February and it would still take 2ish years before you could upgrade and then another 2ish years to get to 1000 hours 121 PIC.

These are just some general thoughts without me knowing anything about you, your life situation, or your career goals. You're welcome to PM me if you would like.
To be fair, I’m at an AA WO regional and I have been here just over 4 years now. I still don’t have 1k TPIC and won’t until probably feb or March. Granted we had Covid throw a huge wrench in progress and myself along with many others got downgraded for about 6 months. But all things aside sitting around on reserve didn’t put much in the logbooks even before Covid. So that’s just the experience I had. Maybe other regionals use reserves more.