View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 08:38 AM
capncrunch
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by dtfl View Post
Are you assuming they will leave at 60? If so..that is a big assumption. You cannot negotiate a SLI based on a guess.
I will put it this way, if the tables were turned and you had the older pilot group, you would be pushing for DOH. Each group is trying to protect their career and I respect that, we've all put in a ton of money and hard work to get here, it is worth fighting for. With that said, if we cannot work it out amicably then we should head our separate ways.

Maybe we come back to the table in ten years(once all the NWA retirements have gone through) and discuss relative seniority then. How bout this, we put up a ten year fence and after ten years, we discuss relative seniority and merging the lists. If relative seniority is such an honest deal then that logic will stand in ten years. I will tell you this, if we wait until the retirements go through and then merge the lists, I would be a lot better off in ten years than I would be today.

Sure, not every NWA pilot will retire at 60 but I believe the majority will and as a betting man I am putting my money down on 60 green.

Last edited by capncrunch; 03-01-2008 at 08:48 AM.