View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 06:00 AM
efax17
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
ATTENTION ALL POTENTIAL NEW HIRES: There is absolutely no way to predict what base or aircraft you will get, no matter what a recruiter tells you or what you think they told you. Don't take any advice you read on here or Facebook as it relates to new-hire assignments. Be mentally and financially fully prepared to get the absolutely worst case assignment. You are also best served by being prepared to be stuck in that assignment longer than you would be under current industry conditions.
yeah I completely understand that. As a new hire there is little information as far as what to expect. For example, what training will look like in the midst of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. So it’s good to be able to hear other’s experiences so we can have some level of expectation.

Definitely expecting the worst. But the truth of the matter is, after flight instructing for 3 years, to have a salaried job, flying a jet, is a true joy to look forward to. Even if having to commute to base and maybe not flying my #1 aircraft, still very much looking forward to no more hot summers in a 172 doing stalls with students who, for lack of better words, try to kill you 6 days a week. So I’ll take the worst of the worst that Endeavor has to offer.