View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 10:42 PM
Back2future
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
* Give trip away, take it right back to break a hard cap of 90.
* Borrow a day trip or 2-day, swap/drop an original trip, and then give the other guy his trip back to him. Breaks lower end of 75 hr cap.
* Until the union cancelled the MOU, rsv pickup on day off. Easy way to get above 79 hrs on reserve.
* Paying attention to reserve grid, keeping an eye on new names being added as guys finish training = changing reserve grid. What wasn’t approved before may get approved now. I have to yet to fly a fully original awarded month. Whether regular line through step trade or an OF line with regular open time, I’ve always swapped stuff to something different.
* If rsv, paying attention on day 1 to try to make sure I’m not the only one available in that bucket for X amount of days. Then looking at pairing package list to see what pairings check in that day during RAP time. This works well in my base (and probably any base except SEA). And I’ll try to set up day 1 reserve to make sure there are other guys available in same RAP for same amount of days.
* Just because denied automatic trade process, taking advantage of manual trip inquiry. I’ve had many swaps approved through manual inquiry, that were originally denied in crew access auto process.
This all good stuff but most of it just methods for getting around the CBA's inadequacies.

Also the union technically cancelled the reserve open time pickup MOU but, the company hadn't honored it for over a year. The company is free to come back and negotiate a new MOU anytime they want.