Old 10-20-2021, 07:43 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Thedude86 View Post
Yes, so the vaccines kinda work. Although, with how they were originally advertised, I would think those numbers would be a lot better.
They would have, if not for delta. They can deploy a booster, there's info and discussion about that on the last page of this thread:

Vaccine Development Summary

If someone came up to me and said, “hey take this magic potion to reduce your chances of being murdered by 6 times”. Id probably roll my eyes and walk away. And while rare, I’m basically risking blood clots and an inflamed heart for something that takes me from 99.99% to 99.999% likely to live. La Dee freakin Da.
Ignorance. The side effects are associated with specific demographics and specific vaccines... If you're in one of the demographics, avoid the vaccine in question and get a different one. You're probably not both a pregnant young woman and a teenage male (although I guess anythings possible these days).

And also, there’s more covid deaths in the U.S. in 2021 than in 2020. So I’m gonna risk side effects for that kind of effectiveness?
2021 included the winter surge before most vaccinations, and it includes delta. Vaccination would pose less risk than delta by a long shot, unless maybe you're a teenager.