View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 07:09 PM
proprunnner
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by MinRest View Post
There isn’t a way to better your schedule unless you call in sick.

There is only so much polish you can add to a turd. Even the senior dinosaurs who live in Gig Harbor and think their lives are incredible, have to work several more days a month than their airline peers but because management tells them they have it good, they believe it.
Just to be clear. I agree with everything you're saying. There's a reason why sick calls shot up after the merger and we get those annual summer emails now. Your way around our scheduling deficiencies is calling sick. Shy's way is P2P. And I gotta tell ya I tried his techniques for dropping trips below the 75hr credit with a few of my initial classmates. Took three of us 5 minutes to trade around things to go over or under the caps. Now if I chose I can pick up things that better meet my days.

We're saying the samething. We shouldn't need to be doing this silliness. No other pilot group uses sick time as a scheduling tool. No pilot group depends on P2P just to move days around. We're all just using these techniques until we have better scheduling language.

if anyone reads these messages and think we're somehow defending management or this pos contract. WE ARE NOT. But on the other hand I'm going to use anything at my disposal to better my schedule in the interim. Besides what's my alternative? Do nothing and stick my crappy schedule?