Thread: Training Update
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 09:48 AM
V4LKYR1ExONE
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
At this very moment. You can expect 2 months off after your checkride. We had a lot of Check Airmen leave. But we also have a lot of new check Airmen waiting for their letters from the FAa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is pretty accurate, if a bit conservative. I’m currently sitting my twelfth week post checkride, with some classmates getting IOE assignments. I got my observation flights done Sept 19th, so it’s been 5 weeks since I last saw the inside of the jet.

But to answer your previous question Jptaviation, there’s 2 weeks basic Indoc, 3 weeks systems ground, a couple days prep and oral check if you’re eligible, then about 2 weeks of SIMs before checkride. The footprint non-stop would be 8 weeks, however there are breaks between the big phases I just listed. As the year has progressed, the breaks have been stretched or possibly restructured. For example I went straight from Indoc to Systems but I understand a week off has been put there for classes nowadays. I had 2 weeks between oral check and SIMs, but last I heard there was 3 weeks for other pilot classes. My training footprint ran from mid May to the first week of August, nearly 12 weeks in total.