View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 02:50 AM
CaptYoda
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Does your AME have extensive experience handling SI's? Does the FAA AMCD know that you are a revenue airman? My paperwork has "REVENUE AIRMAN" stamped on each page. They put those applications on top of the heap I was told. Simple dispositions should not take more than 90 days. Now, there are some medications that have a mandatory waiting period as well that cannot be waived (90 days with a few and especially new ones). It can be frustrating and stressful for a career pilot. FAA, unfortunately, works at its own pace. I would call them weekly and involve your AME, RFS, and Union medical division if available. All the best.

As an add-on just want to reiterate. Whatever your condition is, find out the FAA protocol for it and follow it exactly. After submitting, call them and make sure they have everything they need. Sometimes, just checking on your file, they will just say it's under review, and weeks later you will get a letter stating you need to provide additional tests or information. This is critical because FAA does not email or call you. Snail mail can take weeks and it will delay everything. I did all my SI paperwork myself and sent it directly and not through my AME. I just went to my AME for the physical and cc'd the reports I submitted. The AME offered to send everything but I didn't want to get lost in the shuffle. It worked well for me.

Last edited by CaptYoda; 10-28-2021 at 03:03 AM.