Thread: Training Update
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 09:11 AM
V4LKYR1ExONE
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by Claxstarr View Post
This is incorrect, SkyWest IOE’s are getting scheduled anywhere from 4 days to a couple weeks out from checkride completion.
Also, there are zero training delays at OO, unlike other places where you’ll wait weeks or months in between INDOC/Ground/Sims.
Not every regional is dropping the ball right now.
It’s simply their strategy to front load the delay. My understanding is that Skywest isn’t giving class dates until next spring, and banking on pilots being willing to wait. They risk losing crew-members to a competitor offering bigger bonuses and sooner class dates in the meantime, but on the positive side they won’t have to invest time and money into impatience. For the record I don’t think this is a bad strategy, but the delays DO exist at Skywest, as well as everywhere else. I’m not accusing Skywest of ‘dropping the ball’ here, they’ve just elected to handle the training pipeline challenges a different way than other companies who want people in the door first and then delay later after you’re on payroll. A pilot could decide they’d rather get paid for the delays than to wait until May to even get a check. Either way it does sound like we’re all going to wait.