View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 05:33 AM
JetJocF14
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: B-777 Captain

Originally Posted by FLMD11CAPT View Post
Hey folks,

BE the Captain. Add fuel, or not and divert. Just do what is right for "the safe and orderly conduct of the flight". It doesn't matter a whit what GOC "gives" you. The nano-second you pick up the release it's your flight, your crew, your bird, your fuel load, and your responsibility. No whining allowed.

FLMD
Hey Slick its not a matter of winning. Its a matter of trust. I have no problem being the captain. But the last thing I want to do is to have to constantly second guess GOC as if there setting me up for a fall. Flight plans with min FAT, Tammy at FL300, Commy alternates, Goc telling you that Biskeck is OK when its not after your heading to Astana.

Now I realize that GOC is not over there on Airways twirling there mustache and there getting there marching orders too. But its now becoming like a Las Vegas crap game with the house being the company and GOC. Maybe they can get you to accept a min FAT at memphis. You might over look that crazy alternate. Hey great the company makes more money. You wanna add gas.....ooopps we did make that much on that flight, maybe the next guy will be a chump.

Last year during a line check from ANC-KIK the LCA was giving me a little grief for adding 10K extra when the wx was cavu. I hadn't been there in about 7 months and wound up with us using 5 of the 10 due to re-route and holding. Man was just pumping out the party line.

So YO-Eleven and box cars pays 36-1.....................

Last edited by JetJocF14; 03-02-2008 at 03:45 PM.