View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 11:24 PM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Scheduling issues has been about my approach to the situation. Just my personal experience as a former mil guy and Chief of Scheduling once upon a time long ago. I know what most immediately think, but I have been assimilated into the ranks of doing my “job”, but I still do my due diligence with a few solutions to the problem before I call as it has benefited me with better opportunities to fix each situation way more often than not. I know it’s a firestorm job and don’t want any part of it ever again. I never call with a WTF attitude and have seen that turn dismal rapidly with others. Keep it internal (emotion, I know it’s hard) if you can and use as many work arounds as possible, contract knowledge, stewards, etc. Just my thoughts and I could be totally wrong, but I believe there might be notes attached to us - just saying.

*Just me - I have acclimated to the water temperature here and found my flow. Way more positive outcomes than not, but there have been just a few nuclear moments so my approach has helped and I definitely do not have the Big Picture - but remember - “There is no normal life here, it’s just life!”

Thx Swakid8 - for the Sick/Fatigue program answer earlier. Abusing our goodness is not my thing. Different programs/requirements from most of my friends at other outfits you can ask around.

Elevation is spot on. You just get to go to many more international areas faster than others who wait 5-10 years or more. Some great, others not so great but variety is unmatched to others having been at other places for decades. Definitely a niche if you enjoy it and it does wear off a bit but I think of the alternatives just for myself and just keep on. My friend really wanted that United T-Shirt, etc. An Atlas sticker gets you “Where are you going this time!” at best….or not.
I can tell you this: my neighbors ask me a lot more travel questions than the Purple or Brown guy(s) just down the street as I have a great time abroad (pre-CVD), but then again they don’t ask me for any investment $ or loans either.

*I am here for the long haul per say as long as they keep the doors open and don’t have two decades left, but more than one. If you’re in the younger category, stability/longevity should definitely be a high priority. $, seniority, benefits, scope, wife, kids, weekends, vacation, health, short periods off/long periods off, etc. etc. you can be the only one to make the call and I wish everyone the best. I have no Crystal Ball, just an 8-Ball. Life is what you make of it, all of the other things above grant you freedom and you only have OneLife! As a great friend told me here: “The grass is always greener but you still have to mow it.” Godspeed to everyone’s endeavors!

Last edited by C17B74; 11-03-2021 at 11:58 PM.