Thread: Options
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 07:46 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by UpWeGo View Post
Thought I’d bring this thread back to life for a short period vs starting a new one. Guidance/advice again would be appreciated.

Thinking about applying to places again but again I need to ask, would companies in today’s environment even look at me with my previous failure? I’d like to give it one more shot. I managed to fly some right seat in a Phenom getting the opportunity to work on what I struggled with at my previous regional. I know I’ll never be on a wide body and with all the hiring the legacies are doing seems like they’ll have all the Pilots they will need in the next 2-3yrs to cover retirements. Maybe they’ll still be hiring, who knows. If I can get a chance somewhere, upgrade(successfully) and get on with a ULCC I’d be lucky and happy.

Attainable or has that time come and gone?
The one failure, as a first-time 121 trainee is not that big of a deal. Just don't make a habit of it. Regionals are hiring, and so are majors right now... that should peak in a few years but there will still be plenty of retirements into the next decade.