View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 02:54 PM
FlyGuy

Default Advice on Flying Career

Hello, I'm 17 and I am almost done with my private pilots license and plan on going on to an airline career someday. I'm just about to start my senior year in high school and plan on attending junior college for two years after that. After junior college I would like to go to either San Jose State or Central Washington University. Has anyone attended one of these colleges or heard anything about their aviation programs? I currently live in California and really like Washington and really want to move up there, so I'm leaning towards Central Washington University. But should I try to get all my licenses in California from a local flight school while I'm junior college or wait until I get to college and do the licenses through the college? From what I heard CWU has connections with Horizon Air and can help get an interview. Also I have a color vision restriction on my medical that I'm currently working on getting rid of. Once the restriction is gone will it give me any trouble in the future? Possibly when I'm applying for an airline? Any advice or recommendations would be very helpful! Thanks!