View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 07:18 PM
PotatoChip
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by Aloft0442 View Post
So I’ll keep it short.

Looking to make a career change in 2022-2023. Close to having my CFI but currently work in another industry making good money and have a wife, a 2 year old and another on the way. Wife is very supportive of my aviation aspirations and has been encouraging me to make the jump. I am lucky to have been able to pay for all my training out of pocket and will be able to supplement my income with savings if I wait another year. I am located in philly area so obviously a philly base would be great. I understand my schedule will not be great so if I can avoid commuting that would be ideal. I also have a skeleton in my closet, dui from 2009 but driving record has been clean every since. Also no failed check rides.

My question is about cadet programs. Should I be looking to join one? Specifically Piedmont as they have a PHL base and they have flow. I figure if I am lucky enough to get in, I would be set if for some reason I couldn’t get an interview or job with another carrier Down the line.

I appreciate your advice.
Where in Philly?
I’m in Montco, would be happy to chat. Current major airline FO, have also went the regional route.
PM if you’d like.