View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 06:05 AM
TexasLonghorn
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by shrsailplanes View Post
Something else to know about XO is that they require you to sign a non-compete agreement. You cannot fly for another operation that has a similar business model to XOJet for a period of six months after you resign from the company.

If you want to go 121, no problem, but if you want to stay in the fractional or 135 business, you have to tell the new company you can’t start for six months or you just take the risk. I can understand if you work for a company with important intellectual property or they are concerned you might steal clients, but that’s just not the case with XO.

It feels to me that rule is strictly punitive and a mechanism to retain pilots. Personally, I think there are better ways to retain pilots. Just my opinion.
I've also heard all pilots under the Vista umbrella are barred from being hired at FX due to an agreement made between Vista and OneSky which basically said if OneSky wanted Vista to fly Sentient trips then no OneSky company could hire away from any Vista company until May 2022. I know of one pilot from Red Wing who had an offer letter from Flexjet withdrawn because Vista called to enforce the non-compete clause.