View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 02:15 PM
APCthrowaway
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2021

Hey guys, just want to ask the hive mind about having a lower end GPA.

I'm currently building TPIC at a regional airline with hopes for a job at Delta some day. I think the only thing potentially holding me back is my low GPA. I have a 2.6 GPA in my "Professional Pilot" 4 year degree which qualified me for R-ATP mins at my 141 school. I also have a 4 year Aviation Management degree with a 3.4 GPA. I was a ****ty college student freshmen year and did really poorly in a couple ground school courses like Private pilot, Theory of flight / aerodynamics and Instrument ground. I'm toying with the idea of retaking these ground school courses to improve my GPA. I did some rough calculation and I think I can get it up to near a 3.0 if I retake the classes.

I just wanted to ask and get some opinions on it. My university has a policy about replacing courses, so it looks doable if I can work out the details on it. I saw another thread where similar GPA a few years ago wasn't a deal breaker to them. People talked about having a good explanation of why you have a lower GPA. It was definitely a learning moment for me after getting the wake up call that I may not be able to continue flight school if I didn't get my act together. I feel like it could be a good investment to retake the classes even if these airlines are getting more and more desperate for pilots.

Thanks.