View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 03:43 PM
Whoopsmybad
Can’t find crew pickup

Joined APC: Jun 2021

Originally Posted by APCthrowaway View Post
Hey guys, just want to ask the hive mind about having a lower end GPA.

I'm currently building TPIC at a regional airline with hopes for a job at Delta some day. I think the only thing potentially holding me back is my low GPA. I have a 2.6 GPA in my "Professional Pilot" 4 year degree which qualified me for R-ATP mins at my 141 school. I also have a 4 year Aviation Management degree with a 3.4 GPA. I was a ****ty college student freshmen year and did really poorly in a couple ground school courses like Private pilot, Theory of flight / aerodynamics and Instrument ground. I'm toying with the idea of retaking these ground school courses to improve my GPA. I did some rough calculation and I think I can get it up to near a 3.0 if I retake the classes.

I just wanted to ask and get some opinions on it. My university has a policy about replacing courses, so it looks doable if I can work out the details on it. I saw another thread where similar GPA a few years ago wasn't a deal breaker to them. People talked about having a good explanation of why you have a lower GPA. It was definitely a learning moment for me after getting the wake up call that I may not be able to continue flight school if I didn't get my act together. I feel like it could be a good investment to retake the classes even if these airlines are getting more and more desperate for pilots.

Thanks.
If you get the interview, it’s all about how you learned from it and explain it without making excuses. You will not be the first or the last.