View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 11:43 PM
HPIC
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
Flying Benefits

In addition to the Health, Wealth, and Work Life Benefits, for Captains and First Officers, we provide a world of benefits and perks no matter which fleet you fly.
  • Comfort and flexibility of being home-based with a stress-free commute
  • Company paid hotels in base, before/after trips and while on reserve
  • Positive Airline tickets for your commute for those living more than 130 miles from their base
  • Business Class for Domestic and International Travel while deadheading greater than 4.5 hours
  • Typical schedules of 17 days on and 13 days off
  • Company paid hotels during training in sunny Miami, FL
————————————————————————————————————————————————
The above is directly from the “recruitment” AAWW site if you will. While “sunny” is a nice touch the “home-based” isn’t really even a stretch or reality by any means, just saying. Or did I miss something? Any Portion of any of our fleets “home-based?” (not the very scarce trips that have travel associated with day 1, etc.)
So much of this is misleading…no surprise coming from Atlas HR.

We are not home based. Home based would mean we travel on company time to/from trips…we do not.

Business class travel for domestic DH over 4.5 and for all international DH….”unless it’s not available”, which happens quite often because they wait until the last minute to book a lot of the time. They also don’t specify that gateway travel is not included in this…but HR thinks we’re home based, so I guess they don’t understand gateway.

”Typical schedules of 17 on 13 off”? Last bid package I saw for my fleet/base had most of the 30 day lines with 2-4 blocks of duty…and most of the 60 day lines with 3-5 blocks of duty.

I don’t think the last bullet point is even a positive….they can call Miami “sunny”…and for the most part, that’s accurate…but they should also add in “don’t be surprised if the wheels get stolen off your car in the hotel parking lot”…