View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 06:06 AM
Hrkdrivr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: Fairly local

Originally Posted by S4User;[url=tel:3322859
3322859[/url]]Newbie here and trying to understand SC vs LC. Forgive me if this answer is hidden somewhere above.

SC: be within 2 hours of the airport. Does this time depend on domicile? I assume people either live locally or use a crash pad/hotel if they have to commute.

LC: 12 hour window. Does this mean the airline gives you a minimum 12 hour notice so you can commute to domicile if called? If so, what happens if you get call at say, 8pm for an 8am flight, but all flights from your home airport are done for the day? Are you SOL?

Also, how long are you typically on reserve as a NH?

Is this a correct assessment between each type of reserve? Looking to see how feasible it would be to live away from domicile.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Everything above plus: This situation drove me to commute in the day prior and spend the night just in case. OR, one technique I used was to commute into base the day prior so as to be in position if that call did come. If not called and if there was still a flight home later, I’d take that, as long as there was a morning flight I could take back ( good loads/jumpseat available, etc.). That’s a bit of butt pain non-reving but it suited my purposes sometimes.