View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 06:34 AM
Punkah Louvre
Bus Driver ordinarie

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Airbus CA

Originally Posted by dracir1 View Post
Eh...

Growth is going to be an issue. It always will be given our contract/rates. Being "ahead" of the hiring curve might be ok for now going into Q2 (and maybe Q3) of next year, but sooner or later, we are going to need pilots that aren't available (or that are for only a short while).

Only a contract re-negotiation will solve the growth issue.
I agree, but it's not a Frontier specific problem. a quick look at the FA Airman Registry over the last 5 years shows about 10,000 growth in active ATPs, and a decline in PPLs..
Aviation is becoming more of a career than a pastime. Go figure.
I'd suggest that, relative to other 'Professions' flying is becoming less attractive, but there's still growth.
Does the number cover retirements? Before the Covid buy out of the top of the seniority list, near enough. Enough to keep the lights on in the industry and increase the upward pressure on pay. 5 years ago, regionals had just begun to introduce signing bonuses et al.
Post Covid, the recovery messes up everyone's plans.
I think we're going to see Airline crew rates rise, and hopefully in a meaningful way. There's also likely to be something of an arms race between different carriers.
We won't struggle to attract and retain crews to the extent the operation suffers in the medium term. We may very well get paid more for coming to work, -before the next round of contract talks.
-Just an opinion, obviously..
//PL

Last edited by Punkah Louvre; 11-16-2021 at 06:56 AM.