View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 06:19 PM
Mach86
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Base Equipment Seat. Sometimes incorporated into the catchall "category" but to some that can mean an entire fleet across the board.

To reiterate what others have said, you do have some ability to self preference for things (aka "Yellow Slip") but that only goes so far.

Many ask the same question you did based on the old school notion of looking at "the list" and basically knowing you can't be used. That's absolutely not the case here the vast majority of the time, so I'd never, ever, use that as justification not to commute in, to leave early (without asking) or crack a beer obviously, etc. Trips can pop up fast, including ones from other bases cobbled together aka "reserve only" trips that unless you're live streaming every open time trip in every base they will pop up and take you by suprise even if skeds was planning on kicking it to your BES for a while.

"But there's 10 pilots ahead of me, why did I get the call?!" Days available, trip length, report time, release time, block time, credit time, time the trip became available, each pilot's place in their SC or LC window, RAW buckets, Short Call buckets, your and other's Yellow Slip preferences, is someone on the list really even on the list, etc.

Appreciate it. So basically no sense looking at any list as the variables are too many to process.