View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 03:16 PM
Sluggo_63
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005

Originally Posted by itsokimapilot View Post
Haha, I wondered if anyone would pickup on that. I’m not a fan of Paris. I prefer Eastern Europe. The problem I had with European overnights was the distance/logistics if I needed to get home. No matter the location overnights are just that, overnight away from home. I’d prefer to do my overnights closer to the same time zone.
The distance can be an issue, but luckily that hasn't reared its head (yet... knock wood). I'm an empty nester and we live where my wife has family so that takes a lot of the stress out. I enjoy the international layovers (at least I did, pre-Covid). They tend to be longer and in bigger cities so there's more stuff to do.

As far as the flying, I find the long haul flying much easier to do than the constant up/down multiple legs flying. One leg to the hotel is what I shoot for. And not to throw shade, but that was one of the reasons that I didn't think I would fit well at SWA. The lack of variety. I've switched from domestic flying to long international, back to domestic (-ish... our domestic system, but in Europe), now long haul again. I like being able to switch things up when I get bored. In fact we're contemplating another move back to Europe for a few years which will have me doing hub turns again. But that's fine.

There's nothing wrong with any of the major airlines, just differences.